Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Making It Up As I Go Along #571

Polar Vortex
Polar Vortex
A new name for winter
Title of a horror
Meant for big screens and popcorn

Snow Crunching
The woods echo with my presence
Pauses are needed
Listening for life that is not my own

Cold Beaten
Standing at the window
Fleeced and slippered
Snowshoes considered but closeted


THURSDAY...
--- First day back to work. New team too. Claudio and Mona are a good pair. Not a very busy day. 

FRIDAY...
--- Working away tired. Didn't sleep great last night. 

SATURDAY...
--- Me and Mona on nights. DNA work for me. 

SUNDAY...
--- Didn't sleep as much as I hoped. Kind of tired at work tonight but get through alright. 

MONDAY...
--- Get the driveway all cleared up from the bit of snow that fell the last few days. Do a twenty minute walk afterwards and hunker down for the night. 

TUESDAY...
--- Half hour walk. Quite cold out. Put the scarf across my face and fog up the glasses. Take it down and the face gets pretty cold. So the walk can't go too long.

WEDNESDAY...
--- Too cold.  I go for groceries and then stay in the warmth of home.

THURSDAY...
--- Break out the old folding table, shove it in my computer room, and get a puzzle out on it.  Had the puzzle, unopened, for 11 or 12 years.  Should have thought of this sooner to make the folding table a puzzle table.

No comments: