Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Monday, June 16, 2014

Making It Up As I Go Along #585

Summer Vampirism
Blood sucked
Sucked
From the suckers
of Blood

Forest vampires
Drawn to skin
Needle sharp
Feasting

Sprayed repellant
Modern garlic
Useless divergence
Ignored

Calf and ankle
Instead of neck
Stealthy feeding
gorging

Will I turn?
Cursed to swarm the earth
Seeking blood
Turning hikers by the thousands

Until heart staked with a slap
Pancaked against skin
My torment ended
Bringing itchiness
No more

MONDAY...
--- Dayshift. Typical one in that the morning isn't too busy but the afternoon blows up. Lunch with Laura breaks up the day. Good having her back around to do that. 

TUESDAY...
--- Day two. Quieter than yesterday. I play RCMP ball after work. Still not feeling like I should in rebounding from the cold/bronchitis/whatever it was. I'm slow on the field and quite tired after it's all done. Plus my cough is a bit worse once I'm home. We do win the game though in a last inning comeback. 

WEDNESDAY...
--- Slept pretty good. Helps rebound from yesterday though the dry hack is still around... Just reduced from last night. 
--- Night shift goes alright. 

THURSDAY...
--- Night two is busier than yesterday. Goes ok though. 

FRIDAY...
--- Getting really tired of this cough. Do a 40 minute walk this afternoon and feel good doing it. But after it's done my cough picks up again and I'm drained of energy the rest of the day. 

SATURDAY...
--- Supper at Blackburn Arms. After that I decide to do a light stroll by the pond. Don't take my main camera and should have. Coming back towards the house the beaver is out and curious about a man and his dog. The man down by the shore giving a slow, drawn out whistle that draws the beaver in to swim around some twenty feet away. At the end, it slaps the water with its tail and drifts away while I chat with the guy. Would have made for some great pictures. 

SUNDAY...
--- Quiet day. Small walk with the camera today. Of course the beaver was not around today. Oh well. Mow the front lawn and get a chance to water a little in back when mama robin took a few minutes away. 

No comments: