Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Making It Up As I Go Along #604

GoProing
I’ve joined the GoPro world.

Where snowboarders strap cameras to heads, 
showing the world 
as pines fly by 
during a cliff drop into clean powder.

Where daredevils leap from skyscrapers, 
giving a peek into the suicidal Manhattan drop 
before parachutes rescue them 
and we get first hand perspective as they gather up ‘chute and run into the night.

Where Russian drivers
 capture brilliant blasts of space rock, 
dancing across the sky 
before the sonic boom rattles glass.

Where Taiwanese drivers 
narrowly miss obliteration 
from passenger planes 
as they fall out of the sky.

Yes I’ve joined that club.  
And so far, 
what have I captured?

A tour of my townhouse.  
Pausing long enough to see 
pictures hung upon walls, 
and ending where bottled soups sit quietly upon storage room ledges.

And a snowshoe escapade.  
Thirty seconds of which I shared upon Facebook.  
Showing the world as I gently spring back against a twig, 
losing the battle… and flopping softly into the snow with a chuckle. 

There is more to do.  
More to find. 

I narrowly missed a coyote.  
Walking along with camera off as it darted into the woods.  
One day I’ll capture him.  
Making him less Bigfoot myth and more reality.

I’ll bother nesting birds.  
The Springtime will bring out my extension pole, 
GoProing trees 
while both my feet are safely on the ground.

I’ll give my camera the plunge.  
Capturing tadpole worlds 
from a whole new perspective, 
and freaking out frogs on a daily basis.

And I await my comet.  
Lighting up the pre-dawn sky 
during my drive home 
from work. 

The universes wonders shall be unlocked.  
Mysterious creatures shall be discovered.  
All stemming from that first, 
most gentle snowshoe fall.


WEDNESDAY…
--- Dayshift.  Busy day of shoes and tires.

THURSDAY…
--- Less busy than yesterday.  Also run across for lunch with Shannon.  A nice break from things for a bite to eat.

FRIDAY…
--- Pretty normal night.
--- Pizza picked up on the way in for Mona, Frankie and me.  Good way to start work.

SATURDAY…
--- Quiet night.  Forced quiet really as much of the computer systems are down for maintenance. 

SUNDAY…
--- Pretty quiet day in the house.  Feeling a bit run down so no walk or anything today.

MONDAY…
--- Shovel the driveway for about twenty minutes and then do a half hour walk in the woods.  Catch up on some TV through the day as well.

TUESDAY…
--- Doctor’s appointment in the morning gets me up pretty early.  Go for a snowshoe after I get home.  Bring the GoPro camera and record close to 50 minutes of the 70 minute trek.  See a coyote run across my path when I’m a few hundred feet away.  The camera isn’t on at this point though.


No comments: