Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Making It Up As I Go Along #239 (week only)

A story and some pictures will come sometime on Tuesday coming. But with the folks here and busy times for the Thanksgiving weekend, all I can offer for the Sunday fill is the weekly portion of things. And, if you only get the e-mails and don’t check the blog, the pictures won’t be coming for you.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving and check in or expect another e-mail on Tuesday evening.

MONDAY…
--- Back is improving still but not great yet.
--- Work is alright. Work an extra hour tonight to bank some time… also, thanks to Laura, I see my first ever pink Ottawa Senator jersey. The whole team should use those… it suits the pansies.

TUESDAY…
--- Eye exam and either new glasses or laser eye surgery will soon be bought or planned.
--- Busy night at work.
--- And by the end of the night, my back is up to about 90%. I have flexibility and can walk with energy once again. Health is a thing to never take for granted.

WEDNESDAY…
--- Back is a little delicate but, by the time I go to work, pretty well 100%. I skip staff appreciation day. That means no BBQ… no staff picture… no extra long lunch… all to work my regular evening shift.
--- Greek for supper and a busy but longish night at work… but then I’m done until next Wednesday for Thanksgiving.

THURSDAY…
--- Off work… get mom and dad around 1:00… lunch, some groceries… a walk… supper… a little TV. Nice having them around but I found it weird not being at work when I’m in Ottawa. Anytime I’m off work, I usually go out of town. So it’s odd thinking of where co-workers would be at a given time and I’m not where I would be. Stupid me… I need to take more time off if this is what I think about.

FRIDAY…
--- Museum of Civilization with the folks. Two Imax movies and the Petra exhibit. Deep Sea is a good Imax movie… but Kate Winslet and Johnny Depp aren’t top notch narrators.

SATURDAY…
--- The Wakefield Steam Train ride today. Good stuff with the Fall leaves. We get lost in Quebec before getting back home though. Those roads over there… it’s a maze!

No comments: