Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Friday, March 18, 2011

Making It Up As I Go Along #456

A Small group of… poems… phrases… All inspired by shift change at work… and a fool who has it in for me.

The Shift Change Collection

1.
I wish my deeds could be more cold
My actions more ruthless
In order to justify
My villainous reputation.

2.
I spoke to her
She answered with gritted grunts

3.
She arrives
Heat radiating
Fueled from hell’s heart
As she prepares
To stab at me

4.
Her love
For me
Overwhelms
In
Bizzaro-World


And on a lighter note…

How Does She Sit Like That?
Aside me at the movies
Sitting Indian style upon her chair
Looking so Comfy
Curled up
As if in love seat
A cozy living room time.

I creak into my seat
Grunting out of my jacket
Probing the floor with my toes
Aiming ahead
Hoping for enough space
To straighten sore joints.

An hour in she remains
Living room comfortable next to me
And my mostly straight knee
Aches for a stand
Sitting cross legged
Is a super power
Curled up in her seat
I’m unable to see her cape.



FRIDAY…
--- Dayshift. Raining much of the day and I go to the caf for lunch with Shannon and Megan… nice time. Some curling on TV tonight. Close but poor ol’ Newfoundland lose. Have to win tomorrow to get to the finals.

SATURDAY…
--- Quiet work day. Some TV in the evening. Laugh harder at the Ricky Gervais Show than I’ve laughed in a long time. Good stuff.

SUNDAY…
--- Win at ball. I actually have to pitch this one and it’s a bit of fun to loop it in there.
--- Work straight from ball. Fairly ordinary night.

MONDAY…
--- Happy birthday to my father. In Florida for his big day so I’m likely not talking with him.

TUESDAY…
--- Up around 11:00 and catch up on some TV and relaxing. Every first day after work blocks is like the jetlag of flying across country. The downside of shiftwork.

WEDNESDAY…
--- Quiet day, not much going on. Supposedly there was an earthquake that was felt in Ottawa, but I felt nothing. Less than a 5.0 so that may explain it.

THURSDAY…
--- Got my cardboard recycling box back. The dimwit who stole it two weeks ago used it again this week without removing my markers… so scooped up it was.
--- Got the car looked at over to Mazda and did an hour walk while they had it. Groceries followed. And looks like I need a new air filter… they never mentioned anything when I paid but it’s marked on the form.

No comments: