Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Friday, May 13, 2011

Making It Up As I Go Along #463

Time Off
Two days off for everyone
Oh joy the weekend’s here
But five days on is way to much
The thought, to me, brings fear.

Three days off on special times
From town we rush away
But four days on is torturous
As we wish, in those three days, we’d stay.

Four days off is civilized
It pushes work from head
But four days on with twelve hour shift
Leaves one sleepily in bed.

Five days off is excellent
It means we only worked three
Bear in mind the eight-day cycle
For nine to fivers, this ain’t for thee.

Six days off every second month
Bring smiles, in fact I beam
It means two days I’m held up there
Then off four more to dream.

FRIDAY…
--- Work. Go in on about four hours sleep. A quiet shift… lunch with Shannon and dealing with that restless leg thing in the afternoon… tiredness induced I’m sure.
--- Some TV after work.

SATURDAY…
--- Very quiet day at work. Some TV afterwards with a no hitter thrown against the Blue Jays and then Vancouver losing tonight. Still up but they don’t finish a series easy these guys.

SUNDAY…
--- Very quiet night at work. Boring quiet at that.

MONDAY…
--- Off work tonight. Nice weather outside and physio… walk of the pond… Vancouver hockey game tonight. Finally get out of that series with Nashville.

TUESDAY…
--- Groceries… laundry… and hockey on TV. Detroit looks good and wondering if San Jose will complete the collapse that Vancouver almost had against Chicago. We’ll know on Thursday.

WEDNESDAY…
--- Physio and some morning work about the computer. Got the GPS all updated and ready for BC. Figured I had to try downloaded an updated map for it… didn’t want a 2009 map on the GPS in Vancouver. It all goes fine and dandy (last time I updated my GPS, I had to replace it at Futureshops… the update deleted the base map and left me with just the updates).

THURSDAY…
--- Quiet day. Was supposed to go to the bank but they call a half hour before my appointment. Computer system down… need to reschedule. Watch hockey. Canada lose to Russia in the World’s… they’re out… and I generally don’t care. The World Championships are a big deal to Europe but they play with stupid rules (blow the whistle if the puck hits the goalie in the mask) and have bad officiating. It’s subpar hockey. Red Wings lose to San Jose. Good series and this hurts me somewhat in the playoff pool. Vancouver has to beat San Jose or I’ll be in trouble in the pool, to go with depressed over the outcome.

No comments: