Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Monday, February 27, 2012

Making It Up As I Go Along #497


Rinkway
Some paint upon my driveway
Would make it a fine rink
A net in front of garage door
To play some goal I think

The Welcome Wagon lady
Skids up to the door
And feet fly up when leaving
Poor lady she’s no more

I scattered down some sand
To try to make some grit
Now an inch below some ice
No foot to ever reach it

Shoveling is a curling shot
Feet slipping with each stroke
Both snow and I flying each way
To entertain neighbour folk

I cannot wait for summer
Time to ditch the ice
The safe trips to the mailbox
That sure will be quite nice

MONDAY…
--- Day shift.  Regular… but Sheppard’s Pie make for a fine lunch.

TUESDAY…
--- Kind of annoying work day.  Watch Paranormal Activity 3 in the evening… it’s pretty spooky.

WEDNESDAY…
--- Night shift.  Pretty normal.

THURSDAY…
--- Last night.  Fairly steady go until midnight, then dies down.  Claudio is off sick, so it’s just me and Jonathan doing things.
--- Some TV on the PVR before work.  I must say, still liking Republic of Doyle but I think this last episode is my least favourite one since they began airing.  Just really not a great plot this week… pretty weak.

FRIDAY…
--- Got a doctor.  No more walk in clinics for me… and first ever physical next month.  Quite the exciting life I lead.
--- After physio I walk out to a snow storm.  Not unexpected but it’s quite heavy and a lot fell in the two hours I was in to the doctor/physio office.
--- Home with groceries and lay low in the house… some TV.

SATURDAY…
--- Morning shoveling.  Way too much ice on my driveway… could skate on it. 
--- Some TV and computer time for most of the rest of the day.  Three hockey games… afternoon game is iffy thanks to St. Louis’ horrible style of play and the shootout.  A real problem for the NHL is that the people analyzing and coaching the game are supportive of trapping, no risk hockey.  They’d rather see an offensive player, who could get 40 goals and 90 points by taking some risks, score 20 goals and 50 points while checking constantly.  Evening game is a dud.  I go from the Toronto game to the Ottawa one and neither is overly entertaining. 

SUNDAY…
--- Clean up some on the driveway.  Then do a woods walk.  It’s cold but really bright and sunny.
--- Some TV… and a relaxing bath make for an overall solid Sunday.

No comments: