Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Making It Up As I Go Along #505


Trees Grew In My Living Room
Trees grew in my living room
Before the room was here
With squirrels scurring up the stairs
When branches filled this air.

Songbirds perched in my bedroom
They nested in the hall
But that was before my house was here
And no people could hear their call.

My garage it was a mossy pool
Where frogs would splash and play
With Garter snakes on the shore
Sunning themselves all day.

A moose ambled through my kitchen
A pause to nibble tree
But now the sound of microwave
Would surly make it flee.

Nature lovers walked my space
They wore a path to take
Until bulldozers came along
And my own house did make.

And to the woods I now venture
It lays across the street
And I watch the growing trees
And many squirrels I meet.

The songbirds perch above my head
They look down protecting nest
So I pass by so quietly
Not wanting to disturb chick’s rest.

I pause at the flooded pools
I watch the frogs splash down
And when the snake feels my steps
It slithers away upon the ground.

The moose so big it is too smart
Only tracks are left to see
In cleared cut land just over there
Where another kitchen soon will be.


WEDNESDAY…
--- Day shift.  Fairly slow most of the day… picks up after 3:00.
--- Gas on the way home… Survivor on TV… and a bit of hockey.

THURSDAY…
--- Days again.  Fairly regular day.
--- A couple of BBQ burgers for supper and some TV in the evening.  Some hockey… baseball… and a movie.

FRIDAY…
--- Nights.  Pretty normal one.

SATURDAY…
--- Another night.  Walk before work… Chinese food for supper at work.

SUNDAY…
--- Up around noon… an hour walk on a great sunny day.  Some TV and laundry after that.

MONDAY…
--- Busy day.  Lunch with Karl… groceries… physio… softball.  First ball game in over a year… and first outdoor game in more like 18 months.  We win… I hit ok… field iffy… and pitch one inning badly.  But still happy enough to be on the field again.

TUESDAY…
--- Raining.  Still go for a woods walk for more than an hour.  Big rubber boots and rain jacket make it a splish splash type of venture.

No comments: