Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Friday, May 25, 2012

Making It Up As I Go Along #507


Stupid
Stupid makes the world go ‘round
How else can you explain?
With Sham-Wow Vince a multi-millionaire
Despite lack of reasonable brain.

Stupid keeps species alive
Just look at the wild turkey
It’s startled by its own shadow
And runs off all herky jerky.

Stupid runs democracy
Attack ads pave the way
Talking down to the dimwit
Spewed catch phrases in mind do stay.

Stupid lives in religion too
Look down south before hurricane
When they sit there in god’s hands
Claiming mighty storm just a little rain.

Perhaps the world needs stupid
Maybe there are no smart
It’s all a matter of perspective
And all that counts is heart.


FRIDAY…
--- Dayshift day but I take it off.  Almost think it was for not as I wake at 5:00 AM… but I get back to sleep and am pretty well rested when up by 9:30.
--- Walk to Farm Boy.  My guess was about right… it’s just a shade under one hour each way.  So groceries ends up being a two hour process and I’m tired by the time I’m back… but it’s a nice bit of easy exercise.
--- Afternoon nap and some TV round out the day.

SATURDAY…
--- Didn’t sleep great and am tired at work today.  A drink on a patio with Sarah and Phil make for a relaxing end of things.

SUNDAY…
--- Walk then work nights.  Fairly quiet one.

MONDAY…
--- Holiday Monday but I’m working nights again.  Very hot and sticky at work… AC still not on… ridiculous that such things are actually controlled by Toronto.
--- Play ball today too.  I pitch and we win… a fun game and better outing than the inning I pitched a few weeks ago.

TUESDAY…
--- Short walk and some TV in the late morning after I get up.  Showers cut the walk off some.
--- Last physio session.  We have decided the shoulder is good to go as long as I keep the exercises going on my own.  Been going to physio for at least once a week for the past 14 months… so it’s been a long time coming.
--- Some groceries after physio and a ball game on TV in the evening.

WEDNESDAY…
--- RCMP softball practice game.  I’m put in centre field.  Fun to run around with my big glove but the shoulder is tired and the muscles sore by the time it’s done… and I wasn’t able to throw too hard or far.  On the good side of it… a little ice and rest and the shoulder is back to fine the next day… so it’s just strengthening that’s going on right now… not damaging. 

THURSDAY…
--- Long walk… some TV… not much else.

No comments: