Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Making It Up As I Go Along #449


Fenced In Life
My fenced in life
It is now here
What was communal
Is now a square

Wooden walls
And matching gate
A bare green lawn
A nice clean slate

What comes next?
A patio set?
Will I plant trees?
Or get hot tub wet?

It doesn’t matter
I do not know
But when the sun comes out
Into my yard I’ll go.



THURSDAY...
--- First night back. Pretty easy going. See a job is up for competition for a supervisor position in ten print. Not sure if I'd want to go for that or not.

FRIDAY...
--- Sleep or sleepy most of the afternoon before work. Work itself is fine. A very rainy day all day.

SATURDAY...
--- Lazy day at home. Some movies and some UFC. A long baseball game. I've never sat for an eighteen inning game before.

SUNDAY...
--- Sleep a lot last night. Got about eight hours. The most sleep I've had in a while.
--- Hour walk and stop for a chat with neighbour Chris. Looks like we all have grubs in the lawns. Nice.

MONDAY...
--- Chat a bit with Harley before going for a walk. Just before going to ball tonight, it starts to rain. And this doesn't stop for the rest of the night. We get the game in though. Keeping the undefeated streak going but losing the win streak. It's a 12-12 tie. We actually get three in the seventh to tie it up. Earlier I got my first homer of the season and play six different positions through the game (2nd, SS, 3rd, LF, CF, pitch).
--- finally got the fence done. They don't finish everything until the night though. I come home from ball to find everything done. Just some sawdust left in the yard.
--- Also set up an account with Nutri Lawn. Time to get serious about the lawn... I suppose.

No comments: