Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Making It Up As I Go Along #564

First Snow
The snows come on a Saturday
Falling as I nap
Laziness upon the sofa
Weekend laziness
The type felt only at home

A rising stretch brings casual gaze
A glance towards the window
Finds white frosting atop the green
A thin layer atop the outside world
Brings me near to assure my wake

Over the stairs I bound
A child on Christmas morning
Rushing to see the sight
Out front the lawn is whitening
Beyond lawn the leafless birch
Camouflaged in the silent falling

It's church snow
Gentle and quiet
dancing slowly
Purifying the land
As it feathers down

And so it goes through the evening
No cars intrude the silence
Only a dog walker calmly stands
Waiting patiently as the pet
Sniffs and snuggles the cool white

Nighttime brings the streetlight
A spotlight upon the play
Revealing the continuing ground-ward dance
Bringing images of Christmas
Of that quiet night time
Between the excitement of evening family
And the silence of bed
Where pulses slow
"Silent Night" whispers distantly through the house
And the world continues to whiten
Slowly, Quietly, Peacefully

SUNDAY...
--- Dayshift is quiet. System was down for half the day for maintenance. 
--- Softball after work. I'm feeling not very mobile as my calf remains tight, but strong enough to go. And now my other Achilles' tendon area feels tight. I assume from working harder to compensate for the calf muscle. Still, I do fine in the field and beat out a single to first, with the bases loaded in the 8th. It drives in the winning run for an 8-7 game. 

MONDAY...
--- Days again. It's a fairly normal day at work really. Catch up with a few people I haven't seen in weeks. 

TUESDAY...
--- Up after 10:00. Take it easy resting up for nights. 
---  Hit the shoe impressions for night shift. Works out alright. 

WEDNESDAY...
--- Night is pretty quiet and easy going. I do some. Louis' Pizza for the night. So that helps.

THURSDAY...
--- Typical first day off. Some groceries and hang around the house catching up on the PVR. 

FRIDAY...
--- Eaves troughs installed this afternoon. I hang in the house while it gets done. 
--- Mom and dad have summer vacation booked. A family trip to England will be quite the adventure next summer. 

SATURDAY...
--- First snow of the year. It snows pretty steady from around 3:30 on. Less than 5 cm though. A 45 minute walk and hanging out around the house are it for today. 

No comments: