Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Making It Up As I Go Along #566


Once again... From the freezer... MAGNETIC POETRY!!!

Joy moments
Joy moments
Sing beneath light showers
As if almost alive

But essentially brings little things
Blossoming with every whisper
Of barefoot kisses
Which smile comfort songs
Where no friend lives

TUESDAY...
--- Alone at work and pretty busy with the phone. Seems a new call every fifteen minutes or so. Blah to the phone. 

WEDNESDAY...
--- Alone again and maybe the busiest I've been all year at work. Pretty much didn't stop all day with tires to deal with and shoe impressions as well. 

THURSDAY...
--- Back with a partner for the nights. Not so busy tonight. 

FRIDAY...
--- DNA work and then relatively quiet after that's wrapped up. A staff email out today about a bunch of things, including appropriate cell phone use at work. Appropriate seems to be basically only use it on break time. This doesn't say much for my department... With no official break times. And it seems only a few specific issues are being addressed. Personal phone calls at work... Texting... Internet time... All picked on. Drop by desk chats, smoke breaks, trips to the coffee machine... Go for it. I've said it before, I'll say it again... I should take up smoking. 

SATURDAY...
--- Awake way to early considering bedtime. Three and a half hours sleep should mean I can go to bed fairly early tonight I suppose.
--- See Toad Homes in the Lee Valley catalogue.  Now that's a neat ol' thing.  Basically a shallow clay pot turned upside down... with air holes and two entrances/exits (so cats can't corner the poor toads).  What does it say about me that, in a catalogue full of tools and manly instruments for building stuff, my eye is caught by a home for toads? I did have several of them in both my front and back yards this summer.  Perhaps I'll have to invest in their well being.

SUNDAY...
--- Nice winter day. Yes it's still fall but it's bright sun out with a coat of white over the land... And it's -18 with the windchill. So I stay in. 
--- Indoor ball ends in a tie. Good game. I play much better than last game... But I'm doubled off at first base cause I thought there was already two out. Still, hit the ball well and played solid enough at third. 

MONDAY...
--- Spending money today. Drop the car at Mazda for a fluid change, break check and snow tires installed. There goes $400. Have lunch with Melissa while waiting for the car, then get groceries after that's all done. More than a $500 day all told. Oh well. 

TUESDAY...
--- 35 minute walk has me encountering a fox. He's pretty curious of me but keeping his distance. And I see a nice arcing jump as he clears a stream. 
--- Bring in the BBQ from the back deck. We are due 30 cm of snow tomorrow so I figure get it in now. I left it out and covered all last winter but come spring, there were all kinds of mice poop and torn up foil inside. No need to make my BBQ a mouse retreat. 
--- Rogers continues to take over the world. It now basically owns the NHL... From a Canadian point of view anyway. Interesting talk of no more black outs or regional games (two things I've always hated in hockey coverage). But to reduce CBC to virtually nothing. And to cut TSN out entirely... That's not good. Rogers has always been third, by a lot, in how they present a hockey game. 

No comments: