Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Making It Up As I Go Along #593

Fall
Yellow, orange and red
Each day becomes less green
And more yellow, orange and red

Cat tail brown
Now exploded white
Summer fragments drifting on Fall air

Forests become welcoming
The mosquito army has gone
Afternoon stillness now broken
By swooshing leaves
Cascading in your periphery
To the forest floor below
Trading its summer brown
For some of that yellow, orange and red.


SUNDAY…
--- Work is work for a Sunday.  Though I shake my head at the people coming in working overtime at 5:30 on a Sunday morning.  Get a life.

MONDAY…
--- Fairly normal day.  Pay $3 to charity in order to wear jeans.  (1).  It’s nice to wear jeans at work.  (2).  We should always be able to wear a good pair of jeans to the office.  This is a building where every corner is full of discarded boxes, garbage bins, and wet floor signs… yet they’re worried about the employees putting on a pair of jeans? Those working in dumps shouldn’t need to dress up.

TUESDAY…
--- Lots of DNA work to check but not a great deal else.

WEDNESDAY…
--- I’m alone tonight.  Bring in Wendy’s too.  No more Baconators after this one.  My stomach is fairly lead balloon like for much of the night after eating it. 

THURSDAY…
--- Groceries and a walk.  It’s summer all over again.  Sun and high twenties.

FRIDAY…
--- Fence and deck staining time.  Get it done in little more than 4 hours.  I run out of stain and the deck suffers for it.  A few missed spots.  Oh dear.  Tired and hot and thirsty after I’m done.

SATURDAY…
--- Do a walk and lounge around the house much of the rest of the day.  My hamstrings and back are tired and sore after the staining work of yesterday.

SUNDAY…
--- Go to the store to see about getting a quart of stain to finish the deck properly.  They only sell by the gallon though.  I hold off.  My neighbour, Harley, used the same stain and he hasn’t done his work yet.  Maybe either he’ll have too much and be willing to give me leftovers, or he needs more too and we can split the cost on a gallon between us.  Exciting things to consider I know.

--- Finally get to arranging my pictures from Newfoundland.  That is to say get them on my computer and share some on Facebook.

No comments: