Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Making It Up As I Go Along #610

Tadpole
Where’d she come from?
Forest snowmelt puddle
With leaves as seafloor
And water tinted rusty

Yet there she swims
Flicking over the leafy bed
Knowing nothing more
Than her meltwater world

I can only guess at her origin
An egg laid in presnow mud
Left dorment as freeze dried life
Just add water and there she swims

And when the waters recede?
Another transformation
The day may come
When we cross paths upon this trail
Me curious
And you, searching for a muddy nest
Ready to deposit the next freeze dried batch


THURSDAY… 
--- Working alone this block.  Fairly busy day today.

FRIDAY…
--- Not so busy today alone… which is nice.  

SATURDAY…
--- Nights alone and I get most of what needs doing done tonight.  Will make tomorrow a fairly quiet one.

SUNDAY…
--- As I thought, a quiet night shift.  Almost too quiet… almost.

MONDAY…
--- Get home in the morning to Ruby and Lee in the house.  Though they’re still asleep when I arrive from work.  I’m up around 10:30 and tired all day.  Even still we go visit Melissa and Nick, go to Wild Wing for supper, and watch some TV in the evening.

TUESDAY…
--- Busy with Lee.  He installs a new shower head in the upstairs bathroom.  Then, when Melissa and Nick show for supper, the three guys take my patio furniture out from the computer room and get it back out in the backyard.  Summer is coming!
--- Ruby cooks a good supper for us all.  And after Melissa and Nick leave, Lee and I install some hooks in my garage while Ruby cleans up the dishes.

WEDNESDAY…
--- Ruby and Lee leave early.  I have a dentist appointment in the late morning.  Need to have a filling replaced in a few weeks.  Bah.
--- After an afternoon walk, I get home and get the call on the news at work.  I work three more blocks in CPSIC and then it’s off to the Latent Fingerprint department.  No more twelve hour shifts and weekends are weekends again.  So, in May, I’ll go back to the original blog habit of updating every Sunday rather than every eight days.

THURSDAY…
--- Go to Mazda in the morning to get the snow tires taken off and, while that’s going on, discuss my lease options.  By the end of the visit I have summer tires back on the road and a new Mazda 3 lined up for the same day as the dental filling.  

No comments: