Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Making It Up As I Go Along #638

Going back to the CPSIC shift shortly.  I think it’ll mean I’ll post something again on Friday of this week (the day before I go back to CPSIC) and then will go back to the every eight day posting schedule.  I’ll be on that schedule until early March… So it’ll be temporary.  But a bit all over the place for the next little while.

I think the end of the heavy machinery across the street from me is soon at hand.  Another day or two of digging will likely get the rest of what used to be Mud Creek, and surrounding forest and meadow, to be a valley with a new creek following an artificial course and bare slopes going from it to the forest and street.  The creek will likely be 15-20 feet below the original level.  I assume the valley shape to this new landscape will be to hold heavy runoff from the built up neighbourhood.  Either way, I’m sure it’ll be nice when complete.  For now, I’m just looking forward to no more excavators and giant dump trucks working a hundred feet outside my front door.  

I’d Rather Be Snowshoeing
I’d rather be snowshoeing
Than stuck in here
To feel the soft sink
As I lumber above
Slumbering snakes and toads
Below their snow packed sky
Leaving me as a giant
Traipsing across their clouds

Shrews and mice now tunnel dwellers
Scurrying beneath my feet
As I carve out new roads
Pioneering the whiteness
Leaving new routes
Set for a rabbit’s scamper
Or a coyote’s jaunt 
Patrolling the forest along my tracks

So why sit here clacking keys
As I glare upon the artificial light
Making wishes when at this moment
The room brightens
Out my window
The sun pushed aside a cloud
Or perhaps it was one of the gods
Snowshoeing by above me

Time for me to scurry beneath their feet. 

No comments: