Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Making It Up As I Go Along #649

So putting out wicker furniture can cause back injuries.  Last Sunday I thought I dodged the bullet after a hot bath seemed to help after my left lower back spasmed when putting down my wicker love seat on the back patio.  Then things worsened again… I wasn’t able to do much other than lay flat on the Monday… Went back to work feeling a bit better Tuesday.  But then started to develop issues in my hip.   Trying to walk even aggravates that down into my shin.  

Things got to a point where, by Thursday, I could barely walk from the office to my car in the lot due to pain in the shin.  

The weekend has been an improvement with stretching, rest, and more careful posture in walking.  I’ll go to the doctor tomorrow anyway and see what he has to say about it.  It’s odd though.  It feels almost claustrophobic when you can’t walk more than a few hundred yards at a time.  I look out at the trails and woods and no I can’t go out there.  

I am pretty much at my low end of interest for hockey.  My Hockey News subscription is soon up and I’m thinking I may let it go.  Playoffs are on and I have probably watched a total of ten minutes of it… Total.  I just find the games boring this year, the rule enforcement inconsistent and silly, and the analysis of the hockey over simplified and cliched.  Add to that the fact that the Blue Jays are basically on every day, and hockey simply doesn’t draw me in.  

Out of Spite
A week stumbling around the world
Leaves very little to say
Cause who wants to write about being an invalid
On a sunny and warm Spring day?

Write about the sofa time?
That’s a very boring thing
Who’d want to read anything like that
Compared to the fund the outdoors brings

So here I lounge upon my couch
Unsure of what to write
But something must be posted on the blog
So here’s this poem done out of spite.

No comments: