Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Making It Up As I Go Along #663

So looking for flights home for Christmas… well… Christmas-ish.  Trying to fly home December 27th and things are not looking great.  I can basically either go through Toronto at 5:30 in the morning… or through Halifax and not getting in until around 11:00 at night.  No direct flights to be had.  I feel like I’m trying to book a flight to the arctic rather than St. John’s.

Oddly liking the colder weather these days.  Great for sleeping and I’ve liked bundling up for afternoon walks.  I’m sure, in a few more months, I’ll be missing summer temps.  But for now, seeing the temperatures hanging close to freezing has been refreshing.  I guess I should shake a leg on the snow tires though.

The New Path
It is subtle
Almost invisible
Obscured by snowy leaves
Gently falling
Burying the land
In papery yellow and orange

But it’s there
The construction detour
A new path
Carved by woods lovers tracks
Who will not be deterred
We frontier squirrel lands

It brings a new look to old woods
Newly explored rolling mounds
A fallen tree fence
Laying mossy and squirrel tracked
Bringing me past a laddered platform
Built years before
Of fallen stripped branches
And rusty nails
Hidden from my daily visits
Until construction forced this detour
Leaving me pondering
The supernatural witch
Who built this mystery
So hidden nearby my home.

No comments: