Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Friday, November 23, 2012

Making It Up As I Go Along #527


The Luv You Loonie
Sorting through my change at work
Preparing for a treat
When catching my eye on this day
A loonie done up sweet.

Writing across the queen’s gold face
And also upon the loon
The type of message that brings on smiles
And causes the heart to swoon.

Luv You written in felt tip
Luv You on each side
Such emotion for all to see
Such feeling with no place to hide.

Who wrote this on my loonie?
And for who was it meant?
Did they notice the message given to?
Or was it simply spent?

Was it written by a teen?
Hoping to make a parent smile?
Or was it written by a shy romantic?
Proclaiming love in a unique style?

Was this loonie a lucky piece?
Mistakenly used to buy a drink?
Could that person now be wandering?
With hopes to find it down the sink.

I couldn’t spend this loonie
Another paid for my treat
It sits now on my mantel
Awaiting my love to meet.

FRIDAY…
--- No work today.  Lay pretty low instead.  Bit of a walk and some TV.
--- Liking what the Jays are doing this off season.  The Marlins trade works well on the pitching and lead off hitter front… and now Melky Cabrera is a solid guy to come in and play left.

SATURDAY…
--- Quiet day at work.  UFC fights at Wild Wing with Phil in the evening.  A good time out.

SUNDAY…
--- Softball before work.  Goes ok.  Feeling better about my own game.  The last few weeks has been much better than the previous six weeks.  Still some frustrations around it though. 
--- Work is alright.  Again fairly quiet.

MONDAY…
--- Karl’s funeral today, though I do not go.  I decide I’ll remember him in my own way.  I think it will keep my memories of him in a better place this way.

TUESDAY…
--- Quiet times around the house.  Few movies and a walk.

WEDNESDAY…
--- See yesterday.  Same thing today.

THURSDAY…
--- Bring the car in for oil change and snow tires.  While I’m waiting, I go for an hour and a half walk in the area.  Good day for it.  Sunny and around 12 degrees… can’t go wrong with that.
--- Take it easy for the rest of the day after that.

No comments: