Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Friday, July 05, 2013

Making It Up As I Go Along #552


Just a note… I like where I live.  The neighbourhood is fairly quiet and 90% of the people keep up their homes well.  But lately… there’s some whacky things going on.

Also just noticed that, for weeks, I've been shortchanging the number of posts I've been making by 100.  This is 552, not 452.


Neighbours
Mattresses and boxsprings
Leaning outside the house
Surrounded by bags of garbage
Just luring in the mouse

Around the corner a pickup
Parked upon the grass
With back taking dumpster time
A place to hold the trash

Next door owns a useless car
Street parked many a year
Winter plows have bashed headlights
It’s destined to be fossilized here

I need to buy a used fridge
Drop it upon the grass
That will help me to fit in
To live with lots of class



FRIDAY...
--- Alone at work. It goes fine though. Shannon joins me for lunch in CPSIC and the work is steady but not nuts.

SATURDAY...
--- Much like Friday work wise. Only now the building is empty. So pretty peaceful.
--- I'm exhausted though. To the point that I wonder if I'm catching something. Eat supper with Janice after work but we decide not to make the drive to Morrisburg for Laura's after wedding reception party. I sleep a few hours on the sofa in the evening the. Get the normal (for lately) five hours or so in bed.

SUNDAY...
--- Night shift. I feel more alert than yesterday so I think it's tiredness and not catching anything. Slow but steady night at work.

MONDAY...
--- Canada Day and I'm night shift again. Quite slow night until around 4:00 am... Which is not the time you want to try taking on anything. 4:00 am work just puts me in a bad mood.
--- See some of the Canada Day fireworks from the fourth floor. Not a bad show but it makes you feel small to be alone in a five story building while you know hundreds of thousands of people are gathered a few miles away.

TUESDAY...
--- Four hours sleep before landscapers wake me out back.  A neighbour getting work done. I'm destined not to sleep more than five hours again.
--- Take a half hour walk but am just lumbering about today.

WEDNESDAY...
--- Few groceries. Bit of a walk. BBQ for supper. Find another wasp nest. This one attached to the bottom of the BBQ itself. Sprayed and dead.

THURSDAY...
--- Hot. 39 with humidity. I do the lawns. Find baby toads in the front and almost run over an adult one in the backyard.
--- After supper walk is nice but get quite sweaty doing it.

No comments: