Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Making It Up As I Go Along #553


The Place to Be
Grasshopper nursery
My fenced backyard
A place where baby hoppers grow
Skipping out in front of mower
Occasionally perching upon my screen
Taking a break from the square of turf that is their world.

Or is it something else?

Robin restaurant
My fenced backyard
A place for morning red breasted patrollers
Stopping for a breakfast pick-me-up
Of springy legged hoppers
Before flapping along with their day.


SUNDAY...
--- Work. I actually sleep pretty good going into it today. That helps. Fairly slow at the office though.
--- BBQ between the showers and watch some Sunday TV. Family Tree ended tonight. Was a fun show.

MONDAY...
--- Up a bit to early for night shift days. I'm awake by 8:00 and up by 9:00.
--- Get a walk in during the morning. The Mosquitos are getting worse. Even with spray on they're checking me out by about fifteen minutes in to the walk.

TUESDAY...
--- Night again. Cheat night is a bit much. Get that Wendy's bacon cheeseburger on the pretzel bun. Tasty but greasy and takes two days to get over it stomach wise.

WEDNESDAY...
--- Up a bit early and tired. Groceries is about it for today.

THURSDAY...
--- Best sleep in ages. More than eight hours. Mow the lawns. Do a walk. And plan out a hammock for the backyard.

FRIDAY...
--- Hammock shopping is a success. Put it together quick in the backyard and do a little lounging for an hour. Some TV and an hour walk in the afternoon.

No comments: