Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Making It Up As I Go Along #687

Not much to say this go ‘round.  I could complain about Trump but simply have no desire to devote any energy to him when I’d simply be saying the same thing over and over again.  I did see several people calling for Twitter to suspend his account.  And then read, in the news, that his tweet storms actually make twitter somewhere in the vicinity of $2 billion.  So I suspect there will be no suspension of accounts if that’s the reality.

Has anyone on America’s Got Talent ever done anything beyond getting on that show?  I admit I’ve never watched it, but it seems Rogers thinks Blue Jay fans are into the show, cause it’s constantly advertised during a Jays game.  And in those ads, I see clips of an audience going wild and judges proclaiming how they’ve never seen anything as spectacular as ‘you’… and then, as best as I can tell, the contestant disappears back into the rest of society.  If that’s all it’s supposed to be, that’s fine and good I suppose.  It’s just felt to me like this show is supposed to find the next big star or something… and that never happens.  Either way, I don’t care.  I’ve never watched it and have no plans to.

Walking yesterday, a went by a house where a man in his fifties or sixties is sitting outside, blasting Guns & Roses ‘Welcome to the Jungle”.  The world has gone full circle.  When that music was new, people in their fifties and sixties proclaimed it to be ‘noise’ and they ordered younger people to turn it down.  Now the younger generation play lots of soft music where you wouldn’t be able to find a drum or guitar anywhere in sight at a live show… and their grandparents are sitting around, relaxing to their hard rock music.

I know a few people who either got off Facebook or never even got on there in the first place.  And, I must say, I kind of envy those people.  I have to admit I don’t get much enjoyment from the world of Facebook.  The format is pretty ad filled and cluttered.  And much of what shows up in my news feed… well… it’s basically there to be scrolled by.  But I stay in the Facebook world in order to have some semblance of an idea of what’s going on in the lives of some family and friends that I rarely see or hear from otherwise.  So it seems the choice is either to endure that which needs enduring or to completely lose touch with a group of family and friends.  So I endure.  But, with that said, I think I am going to stop linking my blog to Facebook.  I can’t say I’ll never link it there again, but at this point in time, I think I won’t bother doing so.  I’ll keep up with the blog.  So if you’re interested in checking it out, maybe the best thing to do is bookmark it on your web browser and check in every week or so.

I think that’s about it for this week.  With so much of the news dominated by racism, politics and terrorism I just don’t feel like writing about any of that stuff.  And it doesn’t feel like the proper time to write about turtles, frogs, trees, or any other part of nature.

No comments: