Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Making It Up As I Go Along #210 (week)

With the parents in town, writing time isn’t too plentiful. So for now it’s the week portion of things done with a story to follow either late Monday (after evening shift at work) or on Tuesday morning.

MONDAY…
--- With several off for different reasons today, it’s four people in CNI (me included) to do the work. Pretty busy day.
--- Squash tonight is alright. I stink win/lose wise but feel like I’m a better player… who knows.

TUESDAY…
--- Work is alright although we have a meeting that talks about the promotional process which makes me shake my head at the way government organizations practice hiring and promotions. The main goal with all government institutes is to take thought and common sense out of the equation. Make some sort of formula that takes the human element out of the matter entirely.

WEDNESDAY…
--- Sort of busy and alright work day. Lunch across with Shannon, Mark Gray, and Carole. A bit of a nap after work, some phone time with the folks, and some baseball on TV end the day.

THURSDAY…
--- Pretty busy day at work… hotdogs for lunch is a nice change.
--- Squash tonight… I’m the best bad player I know. I rarely win and often don’t even keep the score close… but still I seem to play alright. Odd.
--- Some cleaning before the parents show.

FRIDAY…
--- Take the whole day off work but still get up just after 7:00 to clean the house up before the folks arrive. Pick them up a little late (they’re already there with their bags in hand) and we go downtown to walk around, check out some photography, and let mom shop while dad and I have lunch in a pub.
--- Supper is Chinese takeout and it’s a quiet night in front of the TV after that.

SATURDAY…
--- Some shopping with the parents. Clothes and an electric stove for the living room are my main things.
--- Cards to end the night is a nice change from my regular Saturday night in Ottawa.

No comments: