Scottish Highlands

Scottish Highlands

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Making It Up As I Go Along #211

MONDAY…
--- Around the house for a bit until it’s time to take the parents to the airport. We drop by Price Club or Costco, or whatever you call that thing, on the way. Then it’s home for some down time before work.
--- Work is alright. Get good burgers from the Works for supper and go for a walk with Linda Jackson at 10:00.

TUESDAY…
--- After a bumpy start to the work day, I get on alright. Pretty much a quiet thing before and after work.

WEDNESDAY…
--- Busy day at work and I didn’t sleep much last night either so I’m sort of dragging myself through. But I think things end alright all the same.
--- Walks at work are back on the menu with Linda these days.

THURSDAY…
--- Longish day for real. I pretty well start work a half hour early because I need to talk with Christine (the other CNI leader) about stuff before she leaves… and then I’m caught an extra ten minutes or so at the end of the night too. But still it’s alright, a fairly interesting day.

FRIDAY…
--- Work a 12 to 8 day and it’s pretty good. Birthday greetings throughout the office and cake and a card from my team are all helping in making the goodness I mention. Not that it’s my birthday today but whatcha gonna do?

SATURDAY…
--- Quiet day around the house with some movies… and then a period of the hockey game… followed by going out to the movies with Karl. Ultraviolet is cheesy and not overly good (not about to win any Oscars for sure) but it’s a guilty pleasure kind of movie with some cool special effects.


Birthday Weekend

Friday:
Celebrity like popularity
With waves and wishes
A card signed by many
And laughing, smiling, friendly faces waiting for cake.

And a first meeting in a week
With a friend once seen much more.
A dollar spent and a quick note written
Sometimes no more is needed in a present

Saturday:
Sitting in the room
With the woodstove glowing
Quiet conversations
With pauses of silence.

Nothing outside
No car or voice.
No TV or stereo within
Only us and the dim warmth in the corner.

Sunday:
In one of our pauses I glance
And the clock flicks to midnight.
A new year begins but we let it go unspoken.
The conversation picks up again after a sip.

Daylight brings some e-mails
And a phone call from family.
Even when I’m all alone,
Well wishes and contacts bring people close.

And with the sun shinning bright
And an afternoon movie planned with a friend.
All in all, over a three day stretch,
Not a bad way to turn another year older.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chris! Have a good one bud.

love J

Anonymous said...

Hapy B'Day as well dear bro of mine...I know a phone call was had but a wish of birthday greetings can never be said too many times!!!

Sis